In 2016 we worked with our community to consider what we stand for at Avenue – our ethos and ‘branding’. We changed our strapline, or motto, to ‘Nurturing individuals, building futures‘, and defined our core purpose: to nurture a love of learning in everyone and prepare them for the future they choose.
We revised our mission statement to:
At Avenue Primary Academy we recognise and develop the potential of each and every person, empowering them and giving them the confidence to play a positive role in society as responsible citizens. We aim high and believe we can succeed. We work as a team, in a supportive community where everyone is valued equally within a safe and engaging environment.
Our vision (aims) for the academy is to:
- Develop our school beyond outstanding, leading at the forefront of education;
- Have consistent outstanding provision for all;
- Be a learning hub for the teaching community.
Priorities 2018 – 2019
- Introduce and monitor a new mastery approach to teaching mathematics which focuses on developing deep conceptual understanding.
- Embed a whole-school approach to health and well being, including mental health, enrichment opportunities and life skills.
- Open an outstanding provision for KS2 pupils with ASD and continue to work towards being a Centre of Excellence for pupils
with ASD in both bases.