In 2016 we worked with our community to consider what we stand for at Avenue – our ethos and ‘branding’. We changed our strapline, or motto, to ‘Nurturing individuals, building futures‘, and defined our core purpose: to nurture a love of learning in everyone and prepare them for the future they choose.
We revised our mission statement to:
At Avenue Primary Academy we recognise and develop the potential of each and every person, empowering them and giving them the confidence to play a positive role in society as responsible citizens. We aim high and believe we can succeed. We work as a team, in a supportive community where everyone is valued equally within a safe and engaging environment.
Our vision (aims) for the academy is to:
- Develop our school beyond outstanding, leading at the forefront of education;
- Have consistent outstanding provision for all;
- Be a learning hub for the teaching community.
Our priorities for 2017/18 are:
- Introduce and monitor a new behaviour system that focuses on intrinsic motivation to support lifelong learning.
- Ensure that there is a clear health and well-being agenda across the school including a focus on mental health.
- To recruit and retain the highest quality staff.
- Create a centre of excellence for Autistic Spectrum Disorder – our Special Educational Needs Opportunities Base.